Every Decision Carries High Stakes

Invest into your future

“wrong choices can have dire consequences both in terms of immigration & finances.”

EB 5 Visa: Direct vs
Regional Center

EB5 Visa Logo

Our EB 5 direct investment practice is a robust one offering clients a one-stop-shop for the preparation and filing of the investor visa I-526 petition. As with everything we do, we focus on our expertise and bring in outside experts to provide services in their areas. 

For clients, this means that Immigration General Counsel guides them through the setup of an EB5 compliant business, provides expert source of funds analysis and prepares the petition for filing with USCIS. We assist the client in engaging the required third-party professionals and coordinate the work of all parties involved. Each I-526 petition is prepared with an eye toward immigrant visa and I-829 approvals and we remain involved with our clients’ business during the conditional permanent residence period. Our compliance monitoring ensures a successful I-829 petition preparation and filing and each client’s smooth transition to permanent residence.

We also advise and represent clients who choose to invest in regional center projects. Immigration General Counsel is committed to being independent and we do not enter into exclusive or financial agreements with regional centers. We provide immigration counsel to our clients who wish to obtain their EB-5 visa by investing in a regional center project and deliver comprehensive immigration due diligence for each RC project our client considers. Many clients choose to receive financial and investment counsel from our partners who specialize in these areas of law.

E1 and E2

Other Investor Visa Categories

Business immigration and investment immigration


We provide solid legal counsel and guidance for foreign nationals who conduct businesses that carry on substantial international trade between their country of citizenship and the US. Though not technically an investor visa, the E1 visa is available to traders whose country of citizenship has a reciprocal treaty agreement with the US.


Like the E1 visa, E2 visas also require the foreign national’s country of citizenship to be a US treaty partner nation. If you would like to obtain temporary residence for you and your family through a substantial capital investment into a US business, Immigration General Counsel has significant experience to guide in successfully applying for an E2 investor visa.

We Will Guide You Every Step Of The Way

More than just your immigration counsel, we also act as your dedicated advisor, and are committed to guiding you through every part of the complicated US immigration system.

Email IGC
Email Someone